If you know anything about CBD, you know that there is a myriad of medical benefits from this cannabinoid. Can we treat these same symptoms with our pets? The answer is yes!
CBD is the non-psychoactive cannabinoid in the marijuana plant. So your pet is not going to get “high” and induced with toxins like THC would. CBD is non toxic to animals making it harmless and with no side effects like other drugs would.
Topicali’s Pet CBD comes with 200 milligrams of CBD made with (MCT) coconut oil. Other CBD tonics are usually made with grapeseed alcohol or other bonding chemicals that are harmful to you dogs health. This tonic is THC free. Research has shown that THC can be toxic to animals, specifically for dogs, as they have more canabinoid receptors. In some case of consumption of THC medical grade bake goods, dogs have led to fatal overdoses.
THE AMAZING BENEFITS FOR PETS
- Painkiller / Anti-Inflammatory: CBD is a powerful painkiller and it helps manage the pain in different ways. There are studies that have shown to stop the absorption of Anandamide, a chemical that helps dampen pain signals in the brain. It is believed that it interacts with the CB2 receptors which is located in the cell immune cells. By activating these cells it response to the inflammation with conditions like arthritis, MS, irritable bowel disease, and many others, are characterized by chronic inflammation. Study
- Anticonvulsant: CBD’s most well known aliment is to control seizures, ticks, and spasms. Seizures are believed to be misfiring of the neurons in the brain. CBD seems to control the neurons firing correctly and help stop the on coming seizures. Study
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety: Pets can suffer from anxiety just like humans do. This can be caused by separation anxiety, travel anxiety, noise anxiety and other specific phobias. Pets can show these stress traits by constant barking, aggression, tremors, chewing on furniture and clothes. It is believed that CBD helps boost serotonin in the brain by disabling the factors of stress. Study
Some common symptoms of anxiety in dogs include: Persistent barking, Chewing (furniture, shoes, rubbish, etc), Urinating and defecating (usually inside the house or crate), Aggression, and Tremors
- Antiemetic: There is a strong body of evidence that shows that CBD is a successful antiemetic, controlling both nausea and vomiting while also stimulating appetite. Study
- CBD May Slow Tumor Growth: Studies showed that CBD can help protect against colon cancer in rats by stopping the development, growth, and spread of malignant tumors. Study
- CBD Promotes Homeostasis: Many pet owners choose to use CBD not only as a medicine to treat a specific illness, but also as a regular supplement to promote the overall health and well being of their pet. Study
These oils are extracted from the plant sometimes using CO2 method and made into a concentrated oil. Administrating this oil to your pet can be done by adding it to the food, water, or orally directly to the mouth.